Craftsman, a propriety brand at Sears, is well known for a wide range of hand tools, power tools, and outdoor equipment. In snow blowers, Craftsman offers a variety of models to suit all budgets and needs. The engine sizes range from 4 horsepower to a sturdy 11.5 horsepower with clearance paths from 21 inches to 30 inches. Craftsman snow blowers come in both professional and domestic use models.
In 1927, the Craftsman name and trademark was acquired by Sears. The first power tools hit the market in 1927, and in 1934, the first Craftsman lawn mower was produced. By the 1940s, Craftsman power tools and hand tools were being used throughout the US, including by the Forest Service and the military. In 2007, Craftsman celebrated its 80th anniversary as “the most trusted brand in America.”
Where to Buy
Special Features of Craftsman Snow Blowers
Craftsman snow blowers come equipped with the powerful Briggs and Stratton OHV engines that can handle 6″ to 23″ of snow. One of the more popular models is a 2-stage snow thrower with six forward speeds, two reverse speeds, and a one button electric starter. This model also boasts one-handed maneuverability and a folding handle for easy storage.
For professionals, three models offer clearance widths of 30″, 33″, and 45.” A 42″ lawn tractor snow thrower attachment is also available.
The Craftsman line of snow blowers can be difficult to track down. They re-brand their product based on which retail outlet is selling them. We’ve included the list that is available on the Craftsman.com website. All models are gas-powered. They are available in single-stage, two-stage, and the three-stage variety. Below you will find a listing broken down by how many stages they have.
Single-Stage Snow Blowers
- Craftsman 21-Inch 123cc (with or without electric start)
- Craftsman 21-inch 179cc (88780)
- Craftsman 21-Inch 208cc
Two-Stage Snow Blowers
- Craftsman 24-Inch 208cc (88173)
- Craftsman 26-Inch 208cc (88640)
- Craftsman 26-Inch 208cc with Track Drive
- Craftsman 28-Inch 243cc
- Craftsman 30-Inch 257cc
Three-Stage Snow Blowers
- Craftsman 28-Inch 357cc
The following comments are from users of a Craftsman snowblower that earned 4.5 stars out of 5:
- “I am very very happy with its performance, power, easy to operate controls, and starts on first pull ever time.”
- “Have used it 5 times in the past month. Does a remarkable job. We’ve had all types of snow.”
- “The fuel tank is very small, runs out fast. Too light for anything other than small jobs or light snow. And make sure you carry a crescent wrench with you when you operate it. Bolts and handle bars and other stuff fall off or come loose.”
Generally, Craftsman products come with a 2-year limited manufacturer’s warranty; however, specific warranties vary with each product. Craftsman snowblowers also come with extended warranty coverage and in-home repair service. Customers should contact the local Sears Stores for all warranty inquiries.